As an Indian national, you may be authorized to work in Canada. Did you know that you can apply for a spousal open work permit for your spouse to enable them to enter and work in Canada? Well, this can be made possible by the Spousal Open Work Permit Program which has family reunification as one of its major goals.
In this immigration program, your spouse can apply for and obtain an open work permit which enables them to work with any Canadian employer once they enter Canada. The spousal work permit also promotes cultural engagement for your spouse with the local society and allows them to obtain gainful employment.
Do you have dependent children?
Under this immigration program, your dependent children are eligible to continue their education in Canada’s learning institutions ranging from preschool, elementary, middle, or higher secondary schools.
If you are considering applying for a spousal work permit, it is advisable to submit it along with the principal applicant’s application.
For achieving the best outcomes for you and your family, connect with Nanda & Associate Lawyers today.
Prerequisites for a Canada Spousal Open Work Permit
Here’s what you’ll need to qualify as a candidate for a spousal open work visa.
- An Indian spouse, currently studying beyond the post secondary level in Canada or doing a temporary job, meant to last more than six months.
- An Indian spouse working in skill type 0, A, or B as outlined in the National Occupational Classification (NOC).
- A copy of your legal spouse’s work permit.
- A note from your spouse’s employer, verifying their current job title, or at the very least, their employment letter.
- A copy of your spouse’s last few payslips.
Other prerequisites include:
- Indicate you will leave Canadian soil once your work visa runs out.
- Prove you have enough finances for your upkeep during your stay in Canada.
- Provide all documents required by immigration officials at every step of the process.
- Prove you are healthy through a medical report.
- Give your written word you’ll obey the law of the land and attach a police clearance certificate.
You must also prove you’ll never:
- Work for an ineligible employer or one providing escort services, strippers, and massage sessions.
- Cause harm to Canada or its residents.
NOTE: Your work permit, once approved, will only be valid as long as your partner’s work permit.
Nanda & Associate Lawyers has some of the most talented professionals in the country. Entrust them with your case and watch as they get back to you with the best-case scenario for you and your family.
Leave us a message to hear more from our immigration lawyers about spousal open work visas.