Are you looking to get employed with a Canadian employer with your highly unique and niche skillset?
The Global Skills Strategy program may be a good option for you.
This is an immigration program newly announced in June 2017. Under this program, highly skilled foreign talent (including highly skilled Indian nationals) are hired by Canadian employers.
Developed for the benefit of Canadian employers and to address the skilled labour shortage, this immigration program was introduced by the Canadian Federal government. All applications under this program are going to be processed in a fast-track manner.
Salient Features of the Program
Global Skills Strategy program seeks to improve and strengthen Canada’s economic and social benefits by easing the entry of skilled talent into the country.
The federal government also aims to augment the global investment streams by making Canada more attractive for foreign companies searching for highly skilled professionals.
The Global Skills Strategy program features include:
- Making it easier for skilled Indian professionals to enter Canada for short-term work assignments by exempting work permit requirements
- Starting fast track two-week processing of work permit applications for occupations needing highly skilled talent (which are currently a part of the International mobility program)
- Developing a uniquely skilled talent pipeline for Canadian employers to address their skill shortages
- Create a different Global Talent Stream specifically for occupations with labour shortage and high skillset needed
Eligibility Criteria of Employer In this Program
- Canadian employer pays a fee of CAD 1000 per applicant
- The employer creates a unique labour market advantages plan and takes support from ESDC
- Employer explicitly commits to try and make a strong impact on the labour market in Canada
ESDC usually issues a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment in ten days subject to complete and accurate documentation submitted by the employer.
Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) have the responsibility of issuing the work permit once the LMIA has been successfully issued.
Are you looking to be in that coveted highly talented pool of foreign nationals who are hired by Canadian employers? We can help.
Nanda & Associate Lawyers has a specialized team of experienced immigration lawyers and consultants who will partner you in securing a better future for you and your family.