Companies planning to bring in more skilled workforce for expanding their operations in Canada apply under the Temporary Foreign Worker Program. This program has recently seen a lot of scrutiny by the authorities to curb its misuse. This has directly made an impact on the quality of permitted applications that the government accepts.
If you are thinking about this process, then it is best to work with an experienced team of Canadian immigration lawyers who can assist you or your company throughout the entire process.
Expected Changes To The Temporary Foreign Worker Program
The Canadian government recently introduced some major reforms in their ‘Temporary Foreign Worker Program’. These reforms are undertaken to regulate foreign work applicants so that it does not have a negative impact on the skilled Canadian workforce. In 2013, some major changes were announced in the application process and requirements with the main aim of filtering out workers in order to prioritize Canadian citizens.
To address these concerns, the Canadian government will take the following actions:
- Work out with the employers so that they don’t just rely on foreign workers instead of qualified Canadians for any work.
- Increase recruitment canada efforts before the company hires any temporary foreign worker. The increased efforts should also incorporate the ‘length and reach’ of advertising.
- Help employers who are dependent on foreign workers to switch a Canadian workforce instead.
- Impose restrictions on the language requirements of all the foreign workers to Canada’s official languages(English and French).
- Introduction of some processing costs for Labour Market Opinions (LMOs).
Contact Our Corporate Canada Immigration Lawyers in India Today
Canadian companies are increasingly looking to fill the talent-wage gap with ‘Temporary Foreign Worker Program’. If your firm is exploring this immigration route for expanding labour opportunities, consult our experienced lawyers today. At Nanda & Associate Lawyers, we have detailed knowledge and experience of the entire corporate immigration paradigm in Canada.
Call us today to file application under Temporary Foreign Worker Program.Contact Us Now