Are you planning to live in Canada with your child or grandchild?
Indian nationals can apply to live in Canada with their child or grandchild under this immigration program.
Your child or grandchild needs to be a permanent resident or citizen of Canada, and they can apply under either this or the Super Visa program.
Once approved, you are eligible to enter and live in Canada as a permanent resident. You can also apply for Canadian citizenship by satisfying the specified requirements.
There are some crucial steps in the application process under this Parent and Grandparent Sponsorship Program:
- Online form on IRCC portal to file an intention to sponsor, is the first step to be completed by permanent residents or Canadian citizens who wish to sponsor a relative
- The online application is an ‘intent to sponsor’
- Selected applicants receive an invitation to apply from the IRCC
- Sponsorship application has to be completed within sixty (60) days from the date of ‘invitation to sponsor.’
Eligibility Criteria for a Sponsor
- Being a permanent resident or Canadian citizen
- Minimum age of eighteen (18) years or more
- Possess income above the specified levels (both partner’s income is considered for married, common-law relationships)
- Agree to repay provincial social assistance benefits paid to the sponsored relative over a period of twenty years as needed
- Sponsors in Quebec have additional requirements to be submitted
- Provide a copy of income proofs and Notices of Assessment for three consecutive years
Super Visa Program
The Super Visa immigration program allows Canadian citizens and permanent residents to apply and bring their parents and grandparents to Canada.
As a parent or grandparent, you can live in Canada for a maximum of two years at a time. The normal length of a super visa is ten (10) years and allows multiple entries into Canada. You can enter and exit Canada as per your wish in the visa duration.
Eligibility Criteria for Super Visa Program
The standard visit visa and general requirement need to be met by the parent or grandparent applying for the Super Visa, including:
- The permanent resident or Canadian citizen has to provide a letter of financial support for you
- Sufficient documents depicting the fact that the Canadian sponsor’s income is above the minimum required amount
- Obtain a private health insurance policy from a Canadian organization
- Pass a medical examination as mandated in the program requirements
- The Super Visa applicant may need the Temporary Resident Visa along with the application
If you are considering sponsorship for yourself or a family member, connect with us today. Our capable lawyers at Nanda & Associate Lawyers will support you in your quest to achieve a better future for you and your family.