After receiving a removal order, in order to return to Canada an applicant has to apply for an Authorization to Return to Canada (ARC). Requirement of ARC depends on the type of issued removal order or it may depend on the actions you had taken in the past. Here is a little more information on the ARC application and its requirements.
1. Departure Order (Form IMM 5238)
Where you do not need an ARC?
If you get your Departure Order verified from Canada with a Canadian immigration officer and are leaving Canada within 30 days after the official Departure order was issued, then you have legal permission to return to Canada without an ARC as mentioned in the official documentation.
You Need an ARC When:
You leave Canada without getting your Departure Orders verified from Canadian immigration officer. Or when after getting Departure Orders you take more than 30 days to leave Canadian ports. In this case, you need to apply for an ARC to return to Canada.
2. Exclusion Order (Form IMM 1214B)
You do not need ARC when:
When Twelve (12) months have passed away since you left Canada, exclusion order is issued to you and you received Certificate of Departure (Form IMM 0056B) showing the exact date you left the Canada country. In this case, you have permission to return to Canada without an ARC.
You need ARC when:
You want to return to Canada before twelve (12) months have passed since the exclusion orders are issued to you or when certificate of Departure (Form IMM 0056B) is not received. Here is need to apply for an ARC to return to Canada.
3. Deportation Order (Form IMM 5238B)
If deportation order is received by you, then you need to apply for an ARC to return to Canada.
How To Apply
If you do not apply to come to Canada for any reason ( suppose you are planning to visit Canada and you don’t need a visa to enter ), you are advised to submit separate application for an ARC.
If visa office does not have its own forms, then include the following documents with your ARC application:
- A temporary resident visa application form
- Two recent passport size photographs
- A written or typed letter describing the reasons for allowing to return to Canada and it must be in block letters in black ink.
- Check the related website for payment instructions
Evaluation Of ARC Application
Your ARC Application will be evaluated by an Officer and following factors are taken into account:
- Your present situations
- Reasons for issuing removal orders
- Any valid/legal reason to enter Canada
- Exact time span since the removal orders were issued
- Probability of occurrence of behaviour that affects the order to be issued
Submission of an ARC Application does not make sure that Authorization to Return to Canada will be issued to you. An incomplete or an inelegible application will not be processed further and will be returned back to you.